Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Cheap Bastard strikes again

"What day did that guy pick up his picture?" my business partner asked me this morning.
"Last Saturday, why?"
"We got a letter from the bank saying he's claiming he didn't make a purchase from us."
"Get the hell out!" I replied.
So BP pulled out the stack of invoices from that day and finds the invoice in question. There it is. Our copy of the invoice and WHAT?!?!?!?! the customer copy of the visa slip! Where the hell is the signed copy that we should have?
"He must have grabbed our signed copy and left with it," BP said. "It was busy when he came in, so he must have left with it without me noticing."

Being a stickler for details and protocol, I get kind of freaked out when I see a customer copy attached to an invoice in our stack of daily sales. I've seen it a few times, but I've never really bothered to mention it. We've never had a problem with it, so really, it's no big deal. But I have always dreaded the thought that this might happen. I had a feeling we'd get bit on the ass one of these days. It looks like today is the day.

Even though we have the customer copy of the visa slip, there is no signature on it. Our only saving grace may be the fact that the customer's name is printed on the visa slip as a result of his card being swiped through our terminal when the payment was made. Will this help us out? Time will tell.

BP faxed a letter to the bank explaining what had happened along with a copy of the invoice and the visa slip we have. Hopefully we'll get our money out of the old guy.

I just can't believe it. All of this fuss and work over thirty-some-odd dollars.

CHEAP FUCKING BASTARD!

Comments:
Ah, cheap people are so fabulous. A few months ago I noticed that the women at The Body Shop had given me the wrong copy of the charge slip. I went back the next day and they thanked me, of course. But somebody else told me that they don't really need my signature which doesn't make any sense to me. Why bother signing if it's not going to make a difference?
 
Well, that's the big question. The claim is still pending so we'll eventually find out if that signature will make or break his claim. The bastard!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?