Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

English Butchers

OK, I've ranted about typos about a week ago, but this morning I suffered an audio assault that I just couldn't let go.

For some reason I was listening to a local radio station instead of the CBC as I drove to work today. You know how the DJs natter on about pretty much any worthless piece of mundane minutae. Today she was going on about that self-absorbed, melon-headed, skeletal cling-on, Nicole Ritchie and how she has lost so much weight. Fair enough. However, when she made the comment, "Hey, Nicole, when you are completely emancipated, you've gone far enough!"

Excuse me. EMANCIPATED? What a dumbass. Of course I couldn't let it go. As soon as I got to work, I called the station and got their listener line voicemail. At first I thought I'd just leave a scathing rebuke, but their recording stated that if I leave my name and phone number I could win a listener gift pack. I'm all for free stuff, so I left my name and home number and said something to the effect of, "I'm calling about the comment that was said about Nicole Ritchie losing all that weight. You said that she was looking emancipated. I'm thinking you might mean emaciated. Although, she is no longer hanging around with Paris Hilton, so maybe you have something there."

Am I the only one who is annoyed by such ignorance? I simply must be emancipated from the stupidity that surrounds me.

Comments:
Nope, I'm right there with you, Dave. My pet peeve at the moment is that people somehow feel that "Good." is the correct response to "How are you?" or "How are you doing?" ARGH!!!! NO! YOU'RE NOT!!! You're fine or well, but not good. Makes me NUTS!!!!!
 
So nice to know I'm not alone. Don't even get me started with the whole text message spelling going on these days. It's enough to make my brain explode.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?