Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

...And We're Back

Oh God, I've become one of 'them'. One of those irritating people who have a blog and don't post for a month. Sorry to disappoint my smattering of loyal voyeurs.

As I mentioned in my last post (you know, the one a month ago?), I have been going through some stresses over work and fear of finances, etc. I have been taking the Imovane two or three nights a week to allow myself to get some sleep, but I haven't needed it for the past week or so. WooHoo!

I've been seeing things come together here with the business changeover. I've set up my bank account, I was approved for a business line of credit and have used it to pay off all of our suppliers. It feels good to be current. Work is coming in, money is being deposited, and the line of credit is slowly being paid back. Hopefully it will be paid off within two years while allowing me to be current with the bills, and maybe even paying myself! What a concept.

I even managed to go out to a movie with a friend on Friday night and actually enjoyed myself. Got together with friends on Saturday evening, did some shopping and visited the parental units with the kidlets on Sunday. Work was not even on my mind from Friday to...well...about 1:30 this morning. Hey, it's getting better. For the last two weekends I've been stress-free.

The Squeeze and I have admitted our limitations of time and ambition and have hired someone to renovate the master bedroom and ensuite. That might also be why I'm de-stressing. Things around the house have been at a stand-still for months and I think it's kinda bringing me down. We know things need to get updated at the house if we ever want to sell it, and we're actually toying with the idea. I know. We just moved in nine months ago, but there's an interesting idea being thrown around out there. Weezie is looking for a new place for her and the girls and her mother. She jokingly said "we should buy a semi-detached house and live next door to each other." We laughed. Later that night, The Squeeze said, "you know, that would actually be a pretty good arrangement." The more we thought about it, the more sense it made. We would be right there so we could have more involvement with the girls. Overnight stays would be SO easy. I know The Squeeze would love to see them more than he's able to now. He could see them for an hour or so after work each night instead of for just a few hours on Sundays. I can't get enough of them either, even though Zoe is now two years old. You all know what that means, I'm sure.

Something else that I've been doing the last couple of weeks is taking better care of myself. I've been cutting back on what I've been eating. I cut out junk food, fast food, sweets, etc. I have a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, a salad with grilled chicken for lunch and we do a sensible dinner after work and I avoid eating in the evening. The biggest change is that I'm going for a brisk 30 minute walk every morning. Occasionally I'll get in an additional walk in the evening with The Squeeze too. I love that it lets me clear my mind and lungs, and it gets my heart beating. The best part is that I'm down two pant sizes and a shirt size. It's so cool to see that I can now wear pants that I tried on a couple of weeks back and couldn't even button up then. I just need to get rid of the bigger sized items. The negative part of me says "better hang on to them so you have something to wear when you pack it back on". I need to convince myself that I'll never need them again. Sadly, I've been on that roller-coaster a few times, and I want off.

So that's the update for right now. A bit disjointed and/or scattered, but that's me.

Comments:
Great to see you're back and surviving the rat race! Kats has been running around blogworld asking if you're okay. I keep meaning to call and every time I think of it I'm either knee-deep in alligators or it's 10 oclock at night. And I know about all those bodies you've dumped - of people who have called you after 10...

Excellent that you're getting healthier (so have I lately) and that you're still finding time for a little socializing. Maybe if you still have a snippet of spare time you can think of one more friend you might want to hook up with. Maybe one who spends a great deal of effort studying society and humanity and tends to have useful advice for friends who could use some.

I don't know if you know anyone like that - but it's just a thought.

rpmbsnd. We need to teach the aliens about vowels me thinks.
 
Holy cow!!! Zoe is two years old? No way! We've been communicating for over two years? Where on earth does the time go??

I'm so glad to hear you're watching what you're eating and exercising! Must be nice to be a guy and lose two pants size by walking for 30 minutes. Fuckers. ;-)

Ignore FWIG...he doesn't know of what he speaks. ;-)

I was thinking "What? Selling the house?" But that makes perfect sense! I've actually always said that if I ever get married (and we all know that's never going to happen in this lifetime) I wanted a duplex - we'd have our own sides. ;-)
 
FWG: Ya, it's good to be back. It's freaky how being overwhelmed can make a person withdraw from things like socializing and blogging. I know I have to make time for things I enjoy or I'll totally lose it.

The Squeeze and I were talking about the Wine & Herb Festival. We're both off this weekend. Not sure if there are still tickets available though. I'd love to get me some more hors d'oeuvres recipes. And maybe a bit of wine to go with.

I think I'll have to give you a shout.

Kathleen: Time sure does fly. Zoe is officially 2 yrs 4 mos old, and Brynn is 10 mos old. They grow like weeds. You should see Brynn crawl.

Now....about the weight thing. Bear in mind I still have a number of pant sizes to go, so what I've done so far is a drop in the bucket. It's the people who are 4 pounds "overweight" and bitch and complain about being "so fat" that I would love to beat to a bloody stump. I think I lose 4 pounds every morning, if you get my drift. But I digress.

I do get a kick out of getting on the scale every few days to see a few more pounds gone, but I'm really going more by what I can wear. I've only got about 5 pair of jeans in my current size, so I'm dying to get down one more. I have a ton of pants in THAT size. Not to mention that The Squeeze and I would then be able to wear each other's stuff.

The house idea is still in the preliminary stages, but it sounds good to us. I'm sure we'll be giving up a good amount of privacy, but it's worth it.
 
Dave - I need to know what the catalyst was for this change. Because I have to make some changes and you sound like you've got it going on and stuff.

I think it's awesome that you've made so many positive changes. And about the pants sizes...well, you just rock on with your bad self.
 
flum:
Not really sure what the catalyst was. I just got sick of being stressed and not sleeping. Something had to give!
I don't mean to 13th Step anyone here, but I just needed to get out of my head (it's a scary neighbourhood), I needed to see reality, not just my perceived reality. I had to stop obsessing about the future and I had to let go and turn it all over to my higher power (whoever he or she might be).
So far so good! I was sidelined by a nasty blister on my heel due to crappy shoes, so I missed my walks for 3 or 4 days, but I got back on the wagon today.
So much work is being done on the house I'm almost ready to put the artwork up and feel like a human in a house again.
Let me know if you need any more info!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?